Entry requirements and travel conditions

Never mind the embarrassing identity photo, you can’t travel without your travel documents.

Travel documents

Prior to your departure, please check that you have all the necessary travel documents for your departure country, destination and any stop-over countries.

In addition to your identity card, some countries require a passport, a visa, guardianship papers, health and customs papers, insurance papers, hotel reservations or proof of accommodation arrangements… and various other documents!

Warning: for French Bee flights from mainland France to Tahiti and flights from Tahiti to mainland France, a technical stop-over is made in San Francisco, United States (stop-over country) and you must ensure that you have the necessary travel documents for this country.

Validity period of the documents

You are responsible for checking that your documents and their validity periods comply with the applicable laws and regulations, and applying (if necessary) for new documents. Do not hesitate to contact the relevant consulate, embassy or any other competent authority in order to determine the list of travel documents that you will need.

Warning: some destinations may require that your travel documents remain in-date for several months after the end of your journey.

Please note that for French nationals: since January 1st, 2014, in some circumstances, the validity period of French national identity cards has been extended from 10 to 15 years for adults (over 18 years old) and the validity period of identity cards issued before this date are extended for a further 5 years. This extension does not apply to minors. For more information, we recommend that you check the French ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development website.


If you are travelling with a minor or your child is travelling alone:

  • We recommend that you check the entrance and travel requirements for minors with the embassy or consulate of the arrival country and, if necessary, any stopover country.
  • If you are travelling with your child and he/she does not have the same surname as you, please ensure that you have your family booklet or his/her birth certificate with you to prove affiliation.
  • For more information concerning travel arrangements for minors, please contact the competent authorities of your home country.