Tahiti & its islands
Mean temperature 26°C
Best period May - November
- Duration of Paris - Tahiti flight: 20:50 (with a stopover in San Francisco)
- Airport served: Tahiti-Faa'a Airport
- Tariffs offered: Basic / Smart / Premium
- Entry formalities: Passport valid for 6 months beyond the intended return date and ESTA
- More information: Before the flight / At the airport / On board
- A la carte: our services
- Check-in at the Arche from Paris? More information here!
- Questions or doubts? Frequently Asked Questions
An exceptional stay in an exceptional setting!
The Association of Family Hotels of Tahiti and her Islands (Ia Ora Tahiti) offers accommodation and activities beyond compare, while respecting Polynesian traditions and values. A fishing trip, an excursion, sharing food - so many moments that will transform your stay.
Their DNA: to provide you experiences that are out of the ordinary, offer you off-the-beaten paths while respecting the comfort you deserve. The association aims to promote sustainable tourism in the archipelagos of French Polynesia.
Are you tempted by a 100% Polynesian experience? Book your stay here!
Tahiti has, in addition to its beaches, beautiful lagoons and turquoise waters, countless activities to do on land. Check out the guide!
- Visit the Museum of Tahiti and its islands
- Climb Mount Orohena, rising 2241 meters above sea level
- Discover the three Faarumai waterfalls
- Encounter Polynesian culture at the Papeete market
- Visit the cave of Maraa in Paea, with its sweet fresh water
- Take a trip to the Taravao plateau, a magnificent view point.
Between lagoons, fine sand, sun and warmth, Polynesia has everything to entertain you for an unforgettable stay.
- Obligatory initiation: the "vaa", the famous Polynesian canoe
- Swim with manta rays and black tip sharks
- Don't forget your snorkel and mask for exceptional snorkeling
- You can't visit Tahiti without going scuba diving
- Indulge in the surf and paddle culture.
Have you booked your flight to Tahiti ?
Polynesian culture is a legacy of their Ma'ohi ancestors. Let us be your guide to some of the traditions...
- In Tahiti, everyone speaks informally. (If speaking French, use "tu" rather than "vous").
- Music, dance, flowers, surfing and tattoos, that's Polynesia.
- Tahitians are extremely generous, spontaneous, friendly and very hospitable to travelers.
- The Tahitian language, or more precisely the Reo Maohi, has only 17 letters in its alphabet.
- "U" is pronounced "oo", "E" is "A", and the "R" is rolled.
Polynesia is a veritable garden of Eden where European and Asian influences blend with the traditional where you will discover outstanding flavors using local fruits, vegetables and fish.
- The authentic dish par excellence: Tahitian raw fish
- The fafa chicken (with local spinach)
- The banana poe, a tasty mix of cassava, bananas, and coconut milk.
- Chao mein, a succulent dish based on noodles, typically Asian.
- Coconut oil, vanilla, Uru flour... Tahiti is overflowing with culinary riches.
Be organized before traveling!
- Spoken languages: French, Tahitian (or Reo Maohi) and some English
- If someone says to you PK 15, this is a unit of measure that means "Km Point".
- Point 0 starts from Papeete Cathedral, then stretches east or west.
- The currency is the Pacific Franc or XPF
- On the other side of the world, speak informally ("tu" rather than "vous" in French!)
- The time difference is 11 hours behind Paris in winter, and 12 hours behind in summer!
- Dry season from April to October, rainy season from November to March
Frequently Asked Questions
✈ What's the price for a flight to Tahiti ?
French bee offers extremely advantageous fares, with the aim of making distant destinations more accessible. Keep total control of your budget without compromising on comfort... That’s the French bee way! ? Find out more
✈ What type of airplane aircraft does French bee fly ?
French bee operates an all A350 fleet. Designed especially for long-haul flights, French bee’s A350 is full of new technologies that are designed to ensure passenger comfort. ? Welcome aboard of the first French low-cost & long-haul airline !
✈ What are our different types of fares ?
The custom-made French bee is 3 fares to choose from: BASIC, SMART or PREMIUM. Our travellers can fully customize their trip according to their desires and budget, by selecting options from a wide range of services and products. ? Make your choice !
✈ What are the payment methods on Frenchbee.com ?
100% secure online payment, group payment, multi-card payment, time to think etc., we offer several payment options adapted to your needs and arrangements. ? Find out more !
Book a flight to Papeete
Angers St-Laud TGV
*Price including taxes, subject to availability, for one adult.
All fares are rounded up to the nearest euro/dollar.